Thursday, March 8, 2012

Settling In

Pres. Prince has been in the office for the last couple of days and he has showed me how to do some of the things he wants me to do. I bookmarked most of the sites I will need to use (I can't really remember how to find them so it takes me awhile to stumble onto them). This morning I worked on a missionary aplication from one of the districts in the mission. When I had to call the prosective missionary I did OK with the 1st question but after a few tries with a more complicated question I took it to Elder Ramirez. He is a whiz--can talk to anyone, even gov. officials, and hold his own. He also understands English so I can tell him what I need to find out.

Elder Oliver is continuing to learn the duties of the financial secretary. There are quite a few differences from what he did in México. The banks operate differently, the mission can pay bills online, the system for re-embursing missionaries is different, ect. About the only thing that is the same is the iMOS system that the church uses.

We still only have a minimum of furniture in our nice apartement, a bed and a kithen table with 4 chairs. But the kitchen is pretty well equiped with a rice cooker and blender in addition to microwave, fridge and washer/dryer and iron + ironing board. The washer/dryer is pretty interesting. One machine does both but it takes forever to do one batch. It is also a little small, I have to do the white underwear in one batch and the white shirts in an other. So I figured out that I should not leave all the laundry until Saturday. We work in the office M-F and Saturday is our P-day.

We had a wonderful experience in the Home Evening at the Muñoz family's home. They had also invited a non-member couple who are nieghbors and friends. We will call Bro Muñoz this evening to see how the investigator couple is doing.

1 comment:

  1. European style washer, eh? At least you're not washing by hand!! spoiled :) Cassee had one of those in their Chicago apartment. Fit right into their masterbedroom closet. After she had Abigail the laundry room was too much of a hastle!!

    ReplyDelete